Are You Going to Dreamforce?
Tier10 will be sending four team members to San Francisco for Dreamforce, a cloud computing event hosted by Salesforce.com. Leaders from Google, Facebook, Burberry, Verizon and the like, convene at The Moscone Center (and adjacent Marriott Marquis and Intercontinental hotels) for a week of keynote presentations, seminars, certification tests, and hands-on courses.
Keynote speakers include Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff and Google Executive Chairman Eric E. Schmidt. Kazuhiro Haraguchi (Chairman, Comms Committee, Japan), Vivek Kundra (Former CIO of the United States of America), and Neelie Kroes (European Commissioner for Digital Agenda) will be delivering “A Vision for the Future: The Digital Agenda.”
Dreamforce 2011 also includes musical performances from will.i.am and Metallica.
10 Tips for Dreamforce Social Interactivity
1. Official Dreamforce hashtag: #df11
2. Let people know you’re going to Dreamforce by posting to Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ often leads to serendipitous moments. Find out who else is going and see if people have recommendations for who you should meet.
3. Get dialed-in by subscribing to Salesforce’s Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube channels, and set-up your mobile apps.
4. Form Connections on Chatter: Get Dreamforce started early by finding people you want to meet from your hometown, in your same industry, or with overlapping interests. Send direct messages to arrange face-to-face meetings. The earlier in the week you make these connections, the more fun the conference becomes.
5. Check-in at Dreamforce: When you arrive at the airport, Moscone Center, the product expo, or a party at night, try checking in on your mobile phone to see who is nearby. It is a huge event and you might be surprised by the connections you make.
6. Tell your friends and co-workers to tune in by visiting Facebook.com/Salesforce. On Wednesday, Sept 1st & Thursday, Sept 2nd, the keynotes will be covered, plus two days of studio shows with a who’s who list of guest speakers from the salesforce.com community.
7. Join the Conversation by using Twitter to take notes, capture great quotes, ask questions, and share what you’ve learned at Dreamforce. Remember to include the #df11 hashtag and “@username” of the session speakers. If you’re not ready for Twitter, the Dreamforce App is a great place to start.
8. Your Private Social Network: The Dreamforce Chatter App lets you connect with other people from the conference to share ideas, best practices, and recommendations. Install the Chatter Mobile App today so you can look up people on the go and follow conversations that interest you.
9. Getting Help at Dreamforce: Have a question while you’re at the conference? Post it to Chatter with the #help hashtag or @Dreamforce on Twitter and our community team will point you in the right direction. You’ll see first hand the Service Cloud in action.
10. Share Your Experience: Tweet @Tier10 with your insights and observations. We will be compiling a “best-of” list after Dreamforce!
1,574 total views, 1 views today