A Time Lapse of Washington, DC [VIDEO]
Time lapse allows for a form of video story telling that captivates the viewer in a very unique way. We feel time-lapse video can be utilized as a marketing device and used this video as a testing ground for the succeeding camera settings and techniques.
If the goal of video is to communicate a complete story of who a client is and what they represent, then time lapse might be best utilized in communicating how it “feels” to spend time within that client’s store, dealership, restaurant, etc.
A few tips for any aspiring time-lapser:
- Gather at least 200 images per set up. You never really know what you have until you sit down in post-production. Capture all the imagery you can to allow for the greatest amount of freedom in the edit.
- Cover locations as you would on a film shoot. Capturing different angles of the same object will make for a much more dynamic edit.
- Fire off a still, with a 30-second shutter, to preview where the motion will be occurring within your composition. Adjust to accentuate the greatest amount of drama.
- BE PATIENT!! Time lapse is not for the anxious. Trust your composition, your camera settings, and commit to each location.
Lens: Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
60 fps, 1280×720
Buy on iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/eden-roc/
|1. High Angle at Water – Day|
Focal Length: 24mm
Shutter Speed: 1/50 sec
2. Arlington Bridge – Day
3. Rt. 66 Intersection – Day
4. Bridge Over Potomac – Day
5. Monument Over Field – Day
6. Monument Tree Vignette – Day
7. Monument Tree Vignette – Day
8. Washington Monument Center Cut – Day
9. Monument Reflection – Day
10. WW2 Memorial With Wreaths – Day
11. WW2 Memorial – Day
12. Memorial Pathway – Day
|13. Back of Lincoln Memorial – Day|
Focal Length: 24 mm
Shutter Speed: 1/13 sec
14. Lincoln Memorial at 45° – Day
15. Front of Lincoln Memorial – Day
16. Lincoln Seated – Day
17. Gold Figurine – Day
18. Front of White House – Day
19. Back of White House – Day
20. Rosslyn Metro Station
21. Metro Circle Station
22. Down Penn Towards Capitol – Night
23. Monument Over Intersection – Night
24. Monument With National Tree – Night
1,972 total views, 3 views today