How To: Merge Your Google+ Local and Business Pages
As previously covered on the Lab, earlier this summer Google introduced us to Google+ Local pages. These pages were created to replace the existing Google Places Pages and allow for users to share and discover local businesses using Google’s social network.
However, many business owners already had a Google+ Business Page, which resulted in two Google+ pages that needed monitoring and attention.
Luckily, now businesses are able to merge both profiles. Combining your Google+ Business page with your Google+ Local Page (formerly Places Listing) makes your business presence across Google Search, Google Maps and Google+ unified. Businesses now have the ability to manage brand presence, post links, respond to reviews and gain followers, all from one place.
It’s actually very simple to merge your pages. Just follow the five simple steps below:
- Hover over “Unverified” at the top of your Google+ page and click the “Verify Now” button when it appears. (You can also click “Verify Now” in the “Is this your business?” section below the map.)
- Confirm your address and click “Request Postcard.” Your postcard should arrive within a week or so.
- Once it’s arrived, go to the website listed on the postcard, www.google.com/local/verify.
- If you’ve requested a postcard for multiple Google+ pages, make sure to specify by clicking on the name of the business.
- Enter the PIN listed on the postcard and click “Submit.”
Let us know what you think about the merged pages on Twitter @Tier10 or in the comment section below!
1,129 total views, 2 views today